Activities in 2022
Talks at the Mordecai-Richler Library
Series of free talks, upstairs in the multifunction room. Presentations in French, bilingual question period
Fall Series (upcoming)
- Sunday 11 December, 2 pm – Le long chemin aux urnes. La lutte pour le droit de vote des femmes au Québec. Talk given by Melanie Leavitt, Mile End Memories board member. At the library
Fall Series (past)
- Sunday 9 October, 2 pm – Modélisation de l’ancienne gare Mile End. Talk given by Justin Bur, Mile End Memories board member. At the library with registration recommended; video available afterwards
- Sunday 27 November, 2 pm – L’histoire de la Coop le Châtelet. Talk given by Pierre-Alain Cotnoir, member of Coop Le Châtelet and Fédération des coopératives d’habitation intermunicipales du Montréal métropolitain (FECHIM) board member. At the library
Winter Series (past)
- Sunday 20 February, 2 pm – Histoire et défense du patrimoine : archives citoyennes. Round table with Claudine Schirardin, Helen Fotopulos, Lorraine Decelles and Sherry Simon. Online activity with registration required.
- Sunday 13 March, 2 pm – In search of Irish Mile End. Talk given by Justin Bur. At the library with registration required; video available afterwards
- Sunday 10 April, 2 pm – L’avenue du Parc à travers le temps. Talk given by Yves Desjardins. At the library with registration recommended; video available afterwards
Walking Tours 2022
Mile End Memories is pleased to resume its usual walking tours on a variety of themes.
- Sunday 8 May 2022 : Jane’s Walk – Montreal’s Park Avenue: This Ain’t Manhattan, but We Love it Anyway! (full)(date changed)
- Saturday 25 June 2022, 1:30 pm: Irish Mile End
- Saturday 16 July 2022, 2:30 pm: Mile End then and now
- Saturday 1 October 2022, 2:00 pm: Mile End Literary Tour
For previous years, consult our annual reports of activities (PDF, about 4 MB each).
Summary of activities, 2002–2009