Mémoire du Mile End




Le Châtelet, a century of history: from mansion to housing co-op Sunday November 27, 2:00 p.m. On Park Avenue, just north of Fairmount, there is a rare example still standing of a Belle Époque mansion – from the time when the avenue was a prestigious residential address. The house and […]

Talk: Le Châtelet



At the beginning of the 20th century, the property now occupied by 4556-4560B Saint-Laurent housed various construction-related businesses, including Louis Bolduc, carriage manufacturer; Ryall Screw & Specialty Company and Hill Electric Switch Company. Following its acquisition by coachbuilder Théodore Trudeau in 1910, it became an automobile centre. At the time, it […]

Automobile Exchange


Since 1842, the northeast corner of Saint-Laurent Boulevard and Mount Royal Avenue had been part of a very large property that extended further north than the present-day Jean-Talon Street. Its owner, politician and doctor Pierre Beaubien, subdivided it in 1876. This particular lot, however, belonged to the Beaubiens for another […]

S. S. Kresge